Fast Magento Hosting is one of the topics what take a lot of time of a lot of people who work with Magento Project. It ‘s quite simple to choose a WordPress Hosting or Joomla Hosting to get it work well but with Magento Hosting we have to be careful.
1. Fast Magento Hosting – Compatible Check
Before trying to get a Fast Magento Hosting, let ‘s take a look at Magento System Requirements. The real problem is almost normal hosting will not work with Magento because they didn’t keep Magento System Requirements enough to run it. In this case your Magento Website will run very slow or simply doesn’t work at all. So that a very first feature what your Magento Hosting company must keep that they have to say they provide Magento Hosting package. Only in this way you can make sure they design the hosting package for Magento website. And you can make sure their hosting compatible with Magento. Another way to make sure about this, let ‘s check How do I know if my hosting compatible with Magento?
2. Security check for Magento Hosting
There are 2 things you need to care here are: Server Security and Website Security.
- Server Security: not much we can do here in shared web hosting or it will take us a huge time to try to hack other users on the same server. Other than that I suggest we only need a big brand name of hosting provider. This way I am pretty sure they must know how to keep security for their server or they will be out of business already. A Fast Magento Hosting must be a Good security magento hosting, unless it shouldn’t be our choice.
- Website Security: if you decide to use Magento as your webshop site then you don’t have to worry about security. Magento team will take care of it for you, you just need to take a look at their update monthly to update the fix. Other than that the security problem can be happen by extension what we installed to Magento. So don’t install any extension what you can’t trust. I suggest you only install extensions from magento connect or the extension what already have many installations and reviews to make sure it have a good security. In the bottom line, this will almost belong to you and your developers.
3. Server location for Fast Magento Hosting
What we need to figure out is a Fast Magento Hosting so that we have to care about Server Location of provider. Basically, The hosting provider only need to provide server in Europe, US and Asia then it can work well on almost the world. Let ‘s say if you need a Fast Magento Hosting in UK then you can simply choose server location in Europe, it should very fast enough for you.
The speed from server location can help you have better score with Search Engine too. To research more about SEO you can look at Magento SEO Optimization.
4. Fast Magento Hosting need Best Performance
One of things we always need is the performance of server for Magento(the server response time for dynamic page). In this case, the Fast Magento Hosting need a leading hardware and the server have be be strong enough for magento. We can’t check from hosting provider, you can only see what they say but you can check the speed and the stable chart after you choose them. We are always safe since any hosting company willing give you at least 30 days money back guarantee.
In the bottom line, there are many issues need to consider when you need to choose a fast magento hosting. With my team experience in Magento Development for a long time, we only use SiteGround Magento Hosting package (aff link) what match very well with our requirements and they are always keep our customers happy until now.
5. Fast Magento Hosting must provide a good caching solution
If you have ever done the magento optimization work, you will realize that the caching solution is very important to improve the magento speed and performance. The basic magento installation without any caching solution, it will support FileSystem caching method (slowest caching method). But it is not fast enough so that we need advantage caching solution as below:
- PHP Opcode cache: as you see the magento system is heavy with many files included every time it run. So that the time to collect all of files, combine and build to execute the PHP code will take a more time if you have more files and code. So that PHP opcode solution was born to solve this problem by APC, XCache, eAccelerator … These technique will save the PHP code after after combine and optimize to byte code for ready to execute to save a ton of middle time what we don’t need. This optimization can help magento site faster up to 10x.
- Dynamic cache: this caching layer will replace FileSystem cache, so instead we save cache and access cache via FileSystem, we will need some faster cache store like Memcached, Redis, XCache ….
- Proxy cache: in the first thought, we can consider proxy cache only provide solution for static files like CSS, JS, Image what will help to load static files faster. It can help to load static files faster 100x in average. The concept you can understand very simple: when a file is requested from browser, it will be sent to server to get content. In this case if you have no proxy cache, the file address need to send to heavy webserver (what load a lot of modules and consume a lot of resource what we don’t need to process a static file),and it take time and server resource just to serve a static file what will never change. So that the proxy cache is designed to serve the static files right away in front of webserver with content cached in a fastest memory of operating system core. For this technique, I am talking about Varnish, Nginx (nginx can be used as proxy or webserver) or squid.
Of course, in the same caching layer we only need to choose one option.
In another situation, if you are having a nice VPS but you don’t know how to get it work fast with magento. Or in another word, you need a Magento VPS installation & configuration service, you can contact us, we will provide the best VPS configuration for your magento site to work fast as you need.
We always welcome any idea and suggestion for our Magento2X Team in comment area below to help us have a better article quality. Thanks